All adopters are required to complete an adoption contract. Please read the document in its entirety before signing.
Renegade Paws Rescue Adoption Contract
___/ ___/ 2022
I, ____________________________________ ("Adopter") and Renegade Paws Rescue hereby agree to the following:
1. This pet named ________________, ID#_____________, is being transferred by Renegade Paws Rescue to Adopter with the understanding that Adopter is taking possession of the pet to keep and to provide for this pet for its lifetime. Adopter is adopting the pet solely as a domestic pet for the Adopter and/or the Adopter's family.
2. Adopter will pay Renegade Paws Rescue a non-refundable adoption fee of $________ before the pet is transferred.
3. Adopter understands and agrees that Renegade Paws Rescue makes no guarantees or representations regarding this pet's behavior, health, or temperament. Adopter accepts full responsibility for any risks associated with owning this pet and hereby forever releases Renegade Paws Rescue and its agents from any and all liability arising out of Adopter's ownership and possession of this pet, including but not limited to any claim for damages to persons or property caused by this pet. Renegade Paws Rescue advises that any interaction between pets and children be closely supervised.
4. Adopter will always provide this pet with adequate food, fresh water, bedding, shelter and loving companionship. Adopter will never physically abuse, neglect or harm the pet in any way. Adopter will provide both routine and emergency veterinary care as needed, including an annual physical exam, regular vaccinations, boosters, and heartworm test and preventative care, if applicable.
5. If the dog is not already sterilized prior to adoption, Adopter agrees to sign and to abide by the terms of Renegade Paws Rescue Sterilization Agreement, the terms of which are incorporated herein.
6. Adopter agrees to never: (a) abandon the pet; (b) give or sell the pet to another person or entity; or (c) deposit the pet at an animal shelter or research facility, for any reason. If at any time in the future Adopter cannot continue to provide proper care for the pet for any reason, Adopter agrees to contact Renegade Paws Rescue and to arrange for the return of the pet. Adopter agrees to give Renegade Paws Rescue at least three (3) business days notice before returning the pet, and will provide safe and loving care of the pet until it is returned. However, before returning the pet to Renegade Paws Rescue, Adopter agrees to exhaust all available options including, but not limited to, obedience training, a behaviorist, crate training or veterinary advice to solve a physical or behavioral problem that may occur with the pet. Adopter understand that the normal adjustment period for most new pets is approximately 15-45 days and is prepared to make allowances accordingly as the pet gets to know its new surroundings.
8. Should it come to the attention of Renegade Paws Rescue from any source that Adopter is not abiding by the terms of this agreement, or is abusing, mistreating, or neglecting this pet, Renegade Paws Rescue has the right to take the pet into protective custody while the charge is investigated, and if the charge is deemed to be true and accurate, shall have the right to resume permanent ownership of the pet and Adopter shall relinquish all rights and this agreement shall be terminated.
9. Adopter agrees to contact Renegade Paws Rescue if there are any changes to Adopter's address or phone number.
1. Adopter understands that ____________ [name of pet] is not yet spayed or neutered. ________________ [name of pet] is a _____________________________ [description of pet]
2. Adopter agrees to have the pet spayed or neutered by one of Renegade Paws Rescue associated veterinarians on or before the Sterilization Date, or by a veterinarian selected by the Adopter. If Adopter uses one of Renegade Paws Rescue associated veterinarians, the adoption fee includes the spaying or neutering of your pet. If Adopter uses a non-associated veterinarian, Adopter is responsible for the cost of the spaying or neutering.
3. Adopter understands and agrees that the pet is micro-chipped for identification purposes, and that the registered owner of the pet is Renegade Paws Rescue. Upon submission of written proof of timely sterilization of the pet, Renegade Paws Rescue will register Adopter as the owner of the pet.
All deposits and fees nonrefundable
NAME: _______________________________________________ EMAIL: _______________________________________
ADDRESS: _________________________________________ CITY:_____________________________ STATE: _______
ZIP: _______________ COUNTY: _____________________________________
ADOPTER SIGNATURE:____________________________________ print: ______________________________________
RPR REPRESENTATIVE:_____________________________________ print: ______________________________________